This list of cheap furniture ideas is all you need to warm up your living space.
Moving to a new place and looking to get set up as quickly as possible? Renovating your new home on a budget? It won't be a problem for me to guide you. Different kinds of furniture have been featured on our site, and I know what's for you based on your needs.
This list of cheap furniture ideas has plenty of hand-selected and the best budget-friendly furniture recommendations and tips on where to find furniture on sale.
Read on. It's time to decorate!
12 Best Cheap Furniture
All the best cheap furniture have these three things in common:
First, they don't sacrifice quality for price- cheap doesn't always mean flimsy and brittle. Second, they're versatile- using versatile and inexpensive furniture allows you to mix up your room arrangements for larger gatherings. Third, they're easy to assemble and move- if you often redecorate, buying furniture that is easy to carry and put together will come in handy.
1. Lifestyle Solutions Harrington armchairs
With its retro-modern style, this chair is the perfect accent for any room with a record player. It doesn't only exude style, but it's also comfortable.
2. Brook Tall Microwave Cabinet with 2-Drawer
Ideal for creating more space in your kitchen, this cabinet is generous and spacious.
3. Free-Standing Bathroom Drawer
Need a little more space for your towels and toiletries? This free-standing bathroom drawer is made for neat freaks.
4. Portable Shoe Storage Organizer Tower
Take care of unnecessary shoe clutter by putting this neat-looking organizer tower right next to your front door.
5. Dachelle Upholstered Button Tufted Premium Platform Bed
It's almost impossible to find a queen-sized bed setup for a better price than this! The best thing about it is that it fits whatever look you might aim for.
6. Twin-Over-Futon Convertible Couch and Bed with Metal Frame and Ladder
Really looking to maximize space? This stacked bed solution is a flawless choice.
7. Wood Slice Coffee Table
Looking for a piece to really add some character to any room? Try this wood slice coffee table, available to be bought in four installments.
8. Farmhouse Barn Wood Universal Stand for TV's up to 64" Flat Screen
If you're going for that rustic chic look, this entertainment center is absolutely suited for the task.
9. 3 Tier Bookshelves
When you've got a lot of books, the last thing you want to think about is how to store all of them. Get this inexpensive bookshelves, and you're all set.
10. Outdoor 3-Piece Rocking Bistro Set
What better way to decorate any patio than with two chairs and a table -- under $200?
11. Supersized Toy Storage Organizer
Keeping track of the kids' toys can be a mess -- unless you have a great solution like this oversized organizer.
12. Drawbridge Cd & DVD Multimedia Cabinet
If you're willing to put together a cabinet, it's hard to beat the value of this one made for all your entertainment storage needs.
5 Inexpensive Minimalist Furniture Ideas
Having a sleek, minimalist furniture look doesn't need to cost you a fortune. In fact, it's entirely within your reach to make a minimal room or home on a dime -- just check out this curated list for inspiration.
13. Ottoman with Storage Folding Leather Ottoman Footrest
Amazingly simple and entirely multi-functional, this footrest is a perfect fit for any room.
14. Live Edge Acacia Wood And Gold Hairpin Madison Coffee Table
Elegance and style don't need to break the bank; this wood and gold Madison coffee table is a perfect example.
15. Round Nesting Coffee Table Set of 2
Two tables in one? Take my money! Space efficient and practical, this wood nesting table set is tailor-made for smaller apartments.
16. Folding Lazy Sofa Floor Chaise Lounge Chair
Sit still and look pretty with this lounge sofa floor couch. When it comes to utilizing space, this product's designers surely know what's up.
17. 5-Shelf Bookcase
Don't sacrifice your personal style on expensive furniture: This 5-shelf bookcase will look amazing with an accented wall.
8 Affordable Apartment Furniture
Moving into your new apartment? Investment in affordable but high-quality apartment furniture can save you a lot of money without having to sacrifice style. Stick with versatile pieces that'll last you until your next move.
18. 3 ft. Tall Window Pane Shoji Screen
Need a little more division in your place? This oriental-inspired divider is perfect for creating a make-shift fitting room.
19. 9 Cube Organizer
Sturdy enough to hold as many books as you need, this modern-style cube organizer can save a lot of space in your apartment.
20. Modern Studio Platforma Bed Frame
Maximizing both comfort and storage space, this bed is the best of both worlds.
21. 196-12072-AMZ Coffee Tables
Combining the best of style and price, this coffee table is dripping with retro style.
22. Bench Chest with Drawers – Collapsible Folding Bench Ottoman
In any apartment, it's important to maximize storage space! This ottoman definitely fits the bill.
23. Kelsey Mid Size Sofa
If you love entertaining guests, this bright, modern mid-size sofa is definitely a show-stealer. And not to mention extremely affordable!
24. Fold Out Convertible Desk
Trying to save space? Then you definitely need this space-saving wall desk.
25. Bar Table with 2 Bar Stools
Living in an apartment doesn't mean you have to sacrifice entertaining friends. This bar-styled set exists for Friday nights at home with friends. So what's your poison?
6 Low-priced Patio Furniture Ideas
If you're entertaining outdoors, then you'll definitely need plenty of patio furniture!
26. 70 Gallon Storage Bench Deck Box
Weatherproofed and versatile, this storage box doubles as seating for all of your outdoor gatherings.
27. Fontana 7 Piece Set with 6 Stationary Chairs
Now, this is what I'm talking about! A full patio furniture set, all sold at an absolute steal of a price. This set is absolutely essential for any summertime get-together.
28. Pop-Up Gazebo Instant with Mosquito Netting
Tired of getting bitten by every bug that comes your way in the spring and summer? Set up this easy-to-use gazebo, and you'll be bug-free every day.
29. Tioman Hardwood Patio Furniture 2-Tier Coffee Table
Gather around a natural wood table that's made to last.
30. Outdoor Patio Table with 7.5 Gallon Beer Cooler
What better way to celebrate in style than with a table that has a built-in beer cooler? It's the perfect piece to gather around for summer parties in your backyard.
31. 22-Gallon Small Deck Box
Doubling as both a storage box and a chair, this small deck box is perfect for placing by the pool.
11 Outdoor Furniture For Someone Who's In a Tight Budget
Looking for a piece of affordable outdoor furniture that's durable enough to last any kind of weather?
32. Novel Plastic Deck Storage Container Box
Convenient for both seating and storage, container boxes like these are essential outdoor furniture.
33. 33 Gallon Hideaway Can Resin Outdoor Trash with Lid
It barely even looks like a trash can! Making it perfect for maintaining an air of dignity in your decoration.
34. 5 Pieces Set of Outdoor Lounge Chair for Patio
This lounge provides luxury without the expensive price tag.
35. Hammock Stand Outdoor
It's hard to get much more comfortable than lounging in a hammock on a hot day -- and this piece of furniture makes doing so entirely affordable.
36. Black Davidson Indoor Outdoor Grilling Kitchen Cart
This indoor and outdoor grilling cart is a beautiful option for holding your drinks, wines or snacks and very convenient enough to place in any outdoor space including covered patios, gardens and pool areas.
37. MASTERCANOPY Pop Up Gazebo Canopy with Mosquito Netting
Looking for a place to set up a home away from home in your backyard? Look no further than this gazebo.
38. Dominica Contemporary 3 Piece Slatted Acacia Wood Outdoor Dining Table and Bench Set
Relax in the sun with this set well-suited for any summer get-together.
39. Interlocking Flooring Tiles in Solid Teak Wood Oiled Finish (Set of 10), Long 9 Slat
Now you can set up a whole staging area anywhere in your backyard without worrying about mud and dirt!
40. 3 Piece Resin Wicker Furniture Set with Patio Table and Outdoor Chairs
Wicker and comfortable, all under $100? It's a perfect option for intimate gatherings outdoors.
41. Flip Top BenchTable
Doubling as both a bench and a table, this versatile piece is advertised as durable and long-lasting.
42. Steel Stand with Hammock and Tree Straps Hold Up
Kick back and embrace those island vibes with this colorful hammock and stand.
10 Low-cost Office Furniture Ideas
Outfitting an office can be expensive -- but not if you use our specially selected list of the best cheap office furniture!
43. Ella Acrylic Leg Teal Bench
Add a special touch of color to your office waiting area with this subdued but attractive bench.
44. DSW Style Mid Century Chairs Molded Plastic Cover Natural Wood Legs
Ready to get some comfortable chairs for your conference room table? This set of six has everything you need.
45. 5-Drawer Storage/Organization
As suitable for filing paperwork as it is for storing clothes, this chest can match almost any room in the office.
46. Wood Desk - Classic Mid-Century Modern Mason Solid Wooden Table with Drawer
Ideal for the home office, this handsome desk is both minimalist and rugged.
47. Computer Desk
Maximize efficiency for your home office or cubicle! Lightweight and easily transported, this desk is a real all-rounder.
48. Top Adjustable Drafting Table
If you work in any sort of creative profession, an adjustable desk is an absolute must for your job.
49. Computer Office Desk
Double-sized to maximize working with a team and other office functions, this computer office desk is perfect for designers and creative types.
50. Writing Desk with Moveable Shelf
Need a desk option for just one user? Choose this.
51. Hanging File Folder Organizer
No office is complete without a great organizational system, and this can be an awesome step towards that goal.
52. Wood Adjustable Literature Organizer
No other option on our list boasts as many compartments as this item from Safco Products, with a stunning thirty-six in trays.
8 Cheap Bedroom Furniture Ideas
Cheap bedroom furniture can be a powerful way to liven up an otherwise boring space. So why not look for the bedroom furniture that most perfectly suits your style and budget?
53. Curl Linen Fabric Upholstered Twin Headboard with Nailhead Trim and Curved Shape
Add a dash of style to the head of your bed with this upholstered headboard, perfect for absorbing noise.
54. Mid-Century Nightstand Set of 2
While certainly not the cheapest item on our list, this nightstand definitely comes in cheaper than most other options of similar quality.
55. Portable Closet Wardrobe Storage Organizer Cube
As an all-in-one storage solution that can act as a visual centerpiece for your bedroom, this armoire can't be beaten.
56. 4-Door Armoire Wardrobe
There's no better way to add flexibility to your space than with storage solutions like this one.
57. Logik Twin Mates Bed (39'') with 3 Drawers
Need more storage space for your child's bedroom? That's exactly what this twin-mates bed with 3 drawers was designed for.
58. Mirror Jewelry Cabinet Armoire Floor Stand
Your valuables certainly deserve a place all their own to call home -- and you can do that without breaking the bank by buying this cabinet/organizer combo.
59. 7 Drawer - Furniture Storage Chest for Kids
Keeping your kids' rooms clean and organized has never been easier than with this storage chest.
60. 5-Cube Reversible Open Shelf
It's hard to find a more affordable shelving option than this versatile cubed piece!
7 Living Room Furniture Ideas That Are So Affordable
Outfitting your living room with exactly the style of furniture you're looking for doesn't have to be a chore...
Let us help with this list of amazingly affordable living room furniture options for any budget!
61. 190-11322-AMZ Console Tables
Put down your most-used items in a place where you're likely to find them: Right next to your front door.
62. Studio Day Sofa
As stylish as it is affordable, this sofa could last you for years to come.
63. 5 Tier Wall Mount Corner Shelves
Make the best use of all of your living room space by installing these versatile corner shelves (with easy mounting instructions).
64. Alexis Console Table
Absolutely stunning with cool style, this vintage storage table is ideal for placement right next to wherever you watch television or work on your laptop.
65. 5 Shelf Industrial Corner Bookcase and Shelf
Continuing the theme of space efficiency, this corner bookshelf can save you tons of room in your living room.
66. Modern Round Coffee Accent Table Living Room
Combining the best of style and affordability, this table is a real showstopper.
67. Small End Table with 2 Surfaces with Mesh Shelf
This little shelf is able to fit into all sorts of places that other tables might not.
5 Modern Furniture Ideas You Can Buy At A Low-price
Trying for that "nouveau" look in your space?
Finding modern furniture can be hard -- but not with this list of our favorite inexpensive pieces of modern furniture.
68. 24-inch Rustic Metal Floating Shelves
Cultivate a modern look in any room of your home with these wood and pipe shelves, perfect for your collection of succulents and other stuff.
69. Nightstand Modern End Side Table with Rolling Wheels
Perfect for storage and style, this table is just as at home in your office as in your living room.
70. Modern Coffee Table with Drawer and Storage Shelf
Looking for an eye-catching piece for the center of your room? Look no further than this modern-styled coffee table.
71. Adjustable Bar Stools
These bar stools are the height of modern luxury -- and an unbelievable value at the price they're offered at!
72. Luxury Bamboo Cat Bed
Treat your feline friend to the same style you expect of yourself with this handsome bamboo cat bed.
73. Modern Open-Back Plastic Dining Chair
Sleek, modern, comfortable...and crazy affordable.
74. Sunrise Square Stacking Coffee Side Tables
A clean white surface, smooth angles, and just the right price tag for the bargain shopper.
75. Lumbar Support Modern Executive Adjustable Stool Rolling Swivel
Get a chair that commands respect in the office, even if your business is run on a tight budget.
76. BAMEOS Bamboo Side Table
A perfect, affordable touch to give extra storage in any room.
77. Walker Edison Furniture Company Storage Shelf End Table
The dark frame and wood draw the attention to contrast a lot of your lighter modern furniture.
78. Charcoal Tufted Burns Convertible Sofa Lounger
Comfortable, simple, and space-saving with that mattress option.
79. Coffee Table with Bins
A great design with really flexible uses.
80. Jaketen Bookshelf 9-Cubes
It is simple, sturdy, and affordable, so you can spend the rest of your money on books to fill it.
81. Bamboo 3 Tier Shoe Rack Bench
Great for mudrooms or entryways.
82. FURINNO Turn-N-Tube Monitor Stand
It looks so much more expensive than it actually is.
83. FURINNO Television Stand with Black Tube
That dark cherry color can make an otherwise white space really pop.
84. Outdoor Bar Cooler Table-All-Weather
Half-display piece, half-functional party furniture.
85. Home-Complete Storage Ottoman-Faux Leather Storage Bench
When you need more storage, store your stuff in style.
86. HomeArtStickers Furniture Applique
Transform a boring mirror into a modern masterpiece for a few bucks.
87. 3 Tier Industrial Wood Bookcase Shelves Storage
For those spaces where you have just a few too many books.
88. AmazonBasics Ladder Bookcase Organizer
Make browsing your library an extra pleasure.
How to Pick the Best Cheap Furniture Ideas
Everything you buy is an investment. These tips should make shopping for cheap furniture easier.
1. Choose a theme
There are a lot of themes you can use as inspiration when decorating your living space. A few examples are modern, rustic, and minimalist. When decorating a room, it's best to stick to a specific theme. Doing so will make shopping for fixtures easier for you.
2. Keep efficiency in mind.
Efficiency is as important as design when it comes to picking furniture to go in your room. If you have a small space, choose space-saving furniture items to make the most out of the available space. If your lifestyle requires you to move around a lot, pick out furniture that can be easily assembled and carried whenever and wherever.
3. Look for items with multiple purposes.
As much as possible, choose items with lots of potential uses that go well with any room layout. This will come in handy the next time you need to move to a new apartment or when you're in the mood to redecorate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Having your own place means that you get to decide what furniture pieces go in your room, and getting the best deals when shopping is as thrilling as decorating your own home. Here's a guide to help you become a smarter shopper.
1. What's the cheapest way to buy furniture?
Hunting through yard sales, moving-out sales, and thrift stores are some of the best ways to shop for affordable furniture. They sell a lot of pre-owned and inexpensive furniture items. Second-hand doesn't always mean second-best, you know. You'd be surprised to know that some of these items are still in mint condition. Plus, you can still haggle for their price!
2. Is it worth it to buy items/furniture on sale?
Do you want to know a secret? A sale price is actually a product's original cost minus the markup. So yeah, buying items on sale is worth it. But take heed. For-sale items are either surplus goods or damaged goods. So before paying for one, make sure to check their quality.
3. What month is best to buy furniture?
If you want to get the best deals when shopping for home decor, home experts advise you to shop during the winter months. Being mindful of the recent holiday expenses, retailers will lower their prices from January through April to capture potential buyers.
4. Is IKEA the cheapest place to buy a piece of furniture?
IKEA may be a home buddy's candy store, but it isn't the only place to buy affordable furniture. Bob's Discount Furniture and Target offer entry-level furniture at an affordable price- they're perfect choices if you're buying your first set. You can also get cheap finds at Overstock.com, Wayfair, Big Lots, and Floyd.
5. How can you tell if the product is of good quality and at a reasonable price?
If you want to buy high-quality but inexpensive furniture, it always pays to check their material and how they're made. When shopping for house fittings, items made of solid wood or veneers are your best options. Try to avoid buying pieces made of particle board or composite wood. And make sure they're joined at ends and corners- not nailed in or glued.
More Awesome Furniture Buying Tips
No matter what room you're looking to decorate, we've got curated lists of the best goods for your money:
- Make your den the envy of your neighbors with our big list of man cave decor.
- Establish that rustic chic style with farmhouse Christmas decor.
- Ready to try something really new? These pallet furniture ideas are truly groundbreaking!
Cheap doesn't always mean bad, and this list of cheap furniture ideas is proof!
Now that you know where to find quality furniture on sale and the best budget-friendly furniture pieces, getting a makeover for your home should be easier.
We hope you win in life and shopping with this list of cheap furniture ideas.